Friday, April 26, 2013

Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge Weeks 15 and 16

This is my second reveal for the AJE Earring Challenge.  Participants are to make a pair of earrings every week using at least one handmade component.

For this reveal I'm featuring two pairs of earrings with Vintaj metal blanks that I embossed and painted myself.  I talked about the process for making these little lovelies earlier in the week.  If you missed it, you can check out that post HERE.

The first pair features a motif that I've been enamored with lately...bees!  The upper part of the new India Archway DecoEmboss folder reminded me of honeycomb so I positioned the brass blanks in that area to create the design on these earrings.


Naturally, I chose to paint them in shades of yellow.  I punched a hole in each blank and riveted bee charms to the rectangles for the finished product.  I actually made a second pair with the bees hanging from the bottom of the rectangles, but I like this set a little better.

Week 15:  Embossed and painted brass by me.
Next up is a pair I made with the new Celtic Weave DecoEmboss folder.  The pattern reminds me of the Man in the Maze motif that I first became acquainted with from my childhood friends the Bilbro family.  I punched extra holes in the bottom of the circular brass blanks so that I could add some extra dangles for extra pizazz and movement.  I used the new Lapis and Emerald patinas which made a great teal color in the middle that I just love.

Week 16:  More embossed and painted brass by me.
I'm sure that you'll seeing more earrings from me using these techniques as the earring challenge continues.  I have such fun playing with different designs and paint colors... the possibilities are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment