Friday, April 11, 2014

Art Bead Scene Challenge: April 2014

I really didn't think I had time to take part in the Art Bead Scene challenge this month, but despite a crazy busy schedule, I just couldn't resist.  This month's artwork is Swaying Dancer (Dancer in Green) by Edgar Degas.  You can read more about the artwork and Degas over on the ABS blog HERE.


Swaying Dancer (Dancer in Green), 1877-79
by Edgar Degas
I do not ever pretend to be any kind of expert on art... I've never taken an art history course (and probably never will!) or had any kind of formal art training.  When it comes to art, I just like what I like and probably can't even articulate why I like it most of the time.  With this painting I think it's largely the color palette that pulls me in along with the movement in the piece.

For some reason the round full tutus of the dancers in green in the foreground made me think of some of the porcelain flower beads that I bought from Tracee Dock of The Classic Bead when we visited her in Kansas City last year.  Sure enough, a couple of the pendants had similar colors going on and the roundness of a full ballet skirt.

I pulled together some light green gemstone beads from a couple of strands of mixed beads... some of them fluted.  I also found one orangey-peach fluted bead in the mix.  I wanted more of the orange color from the girls in the background so I added some orange and very pale green Czech glass rondelles into the mix.



3 comments:

  1. Sarajo, your necklace is beautiful and the pendant is definitely perfect for the art piece! Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your necklace. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you combined. The necklace design is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete