Saturday, January 31, 2015

Art Jewelery Elements Use Your Stash Challenge

Each month one of the contributors over at the Art Jewelery Elements blog offers up some handmade beads or other components for their fellow contributors and a few lucky winners to design with and then share in a blog hop.  I've been lucky to be chosen a couple of times to win some of that beady goodness.  For January, they decided to switch things up a little with each contributor donating something of theirs form their own stash.  Even if you weren't chosen to win one of the components (and I wasn't, sad face) readers were encouraged to bust into their own bead stash and create using something from one of the AJE contributors.  As usual, I just couldn't pass up a good challenge so I decided to play along.

I had just made a necklace with one of Diana Ptaszynski's pendants in hopes that a magazine might want a closer look.  This was completed for Heather Powers' Muffin Tin Challenge, but I never showed the necklace in true color.  I had lots of fun playing with waxed Irish linen and a mix of gemstone rounds and brass beads.  I'm also happy to report that, for once in my life, I actually cut the linen cord long enough!


I got a really nice mix of Diana's components for Christmas when my sweet husband bought a couple of her destash bundles.  That's where the pendant above came from too!  I have a number of items in this same lovely glaze (copper patina might be what it's called).  I liked the way the colors in the stones worked with the necklace I had already made, that I wanted to play more with that combination.

Not leaving myself a ton of time, I thought a pair of coordinating earrings was in order.  I dug out these little discs and started to play with ways to wrap them using the same waxed Irish linen as in the necklace.  This is my first time using linen in earrings as more than just an accent, and I'm really happy with how they turned out!



Please check out what all the other participants made with their AJE stash items!


Here is the list of the participants - the team, winners and special guests! 

AJE team: 

Guest Participants ( aka winners)
Samantha- Wescott Jewelry
Nikki - Silver Nik nats
Yvette - Blue Kiln Beads

Bonus participants! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sarajo, Your designs are lovely. You let Diana's pendant be the star and the colors you chose pair with it perfectly. This is a necklace I would choose often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well-chosen components, drawn together with Irish Waxed Linen...truly gorgeous!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What charming designs I love your use of the cord and the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this nature inspired color palette...perfect match with the waxed linen cord! And what a lucky lady you are with such a thoughtful hubby, who supports your passion for creating beautiful jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, they make me think of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklace and earrings. The art components you chose to use are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of the linen and coordinating the beads to go with Diana's components! Those discs are some of my favorite components she makes. Thanks for participating in the design challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done! The linen is great - as structure and details. That necklace is such fantastic colors...

    ReplyDelete