Monday, June 29, 2015

New Earring Monday '15: Weeks 25 and 26

Happy Monday!  Boy, the two weeks since my last New Earring Monday have just flown by!  With trying to get caught up from a trip to San Diego, several jewelry design challenges, and a quick weekend trip to San Francisco, I've been burning the candle at both ends.  Luckily I've still found time to keep up with my personal earring challenge.

I thought I share a couple of pairs of earrings that are sort a jumping off from the most recent We're All Ears challenge.  Full disclosure, I made this first little pair a few weeks ago (yup, sometimes I keep things back for when life throws me a curve-ball).   They totally fit with the tide pool inspiration, but I figured since I made so many other pairs for the WAE challenge that I would "save" these for today!  I embossed some small brass circles (loving this new to me size!) with mismatched sea life designs and added a little aqua paint before sealing with Renaissance Wax.  I paired them with some Czech glass rondelles in coordinating colors for a perfect beach-y pair of earrings.


Next up is a pair that is similar to one I made with starfish charms for the WAE challenge.  This time I used some pretty little polymer clay leaf charms from Humblebeads.  To keep them more affordable, I paired the charms with some Czech glass rounds wire wrapped with brass filigree bead caps, more glass, and tiny coated hematite beads with little facets.







get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your earrings! The mismatches are adorable and I love how you used the humblebeads with the czech and bead caps. I'm just getting bead caps added into my designs, so playing with them has been fun and frustrating some times - but I think they add just the right amount of 'wow'. =) Beautiful work, as usual! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first pair! It is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. The polymer leaf charm pair are my favorite but I always like your mismatched sets. Always inspiring, Sarajo!

    ReplyDelete