Monday, January 4, 2016

Hopes and Goals for 2016


Welcome to a bright, shiny, New Year!  I hope that the first couple of days of 2016 find you happy,  healthy, and off to a great start!  I'm really not someone who puts great stock in New Year's resolutions, but the start of a fresh year does seem like a good time to take a step back and think about my business goals for the next 12 months.

  • Revitalize my Etsy shop and add listings regularly.
  • Pursue more teaching opportunities.
  • Expand my local jewelry sales through additional consignment and/or wholesale locations, trunk shows, and more!
  • Continue to pursue having designs published.
  • Put more of the techniques I've learned over the past two years into regular practice... and hopefully learn some more new things! 

In addition to these official goals, I plan to continue working on some goals from years past.  Things like getting my bead stash more organized (I dream of a day when I can actually find the supplies I'm looking for because they are put away where they belong!) and participating in lots of fun design challenges (look for a new monthly series where my husband sets a challenge for me to complete).

I know I said that I don't make resolutions, but I'm going to make one this year.  I WILL finally finish all the repairs and special projects that I have for friends who said "no hurry" and get those pieces back to their rightful owners.  And as auxiliary resolution, I will never ever accept a special order or repair again without a timeline (even if it's completely arbitrary!) because I have learned the hard way that without a hard deadline, I just won't get that type of work done.  

I'd love to hear from you...  Do you make resolutions or set yearly goals for yourself or your business?  I'd love to hear what your hopes, goals, dreams, or resolutions are for 2016!  Here's to what I hope will be a great year!  I'm off to start working on some of my goals!


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and I hope it brings along a lot of happiness, creativity and satisfaction! This is a list of determined goals that call for commitment, I call mine "intentions" ;) My #1 goal is to open an online store and, of course, participate in challenges, they are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about those repairs for friends! I think I need to make a resolution like that too!

    ReplyDelete