Monday, December 19, 2016

Honey Do List: December 2016

This year, my husband Eric has decided to issue me a design challenge each month to get me out of my comfort zone and to help clear out my bead stash... we're calling it the Honey Do List.  I know that I'm not the only one who loves a good design challenge, so I'm inviting folks to play along!  

Here's this month's inspiration and what Eric had to say about it:


This month's challenge shot comes from a really cool special light exhibit by Bruce Munro at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.  I happily toted my tripod around and took hundreds of pictures while poor Sj tried to stay warm.  This particular photo was a long exposure where I slowly moved the camera to give the impression of motion.  I think the colors and sparkle in this shot will lead to some cool jewelry inspiration!

As much as I love this picture and was truly captivated by the light exhibit (especially this particular installation), I wasn't sure at first where I might go with this challenge.  Lucky for me, some fun components made by Anna Pierson of Saga Hus caught my eye while I was scrolling through my Facebook feed.  Anna has been selling her fun components over on her SagaHus Components Facebook group and does a lot of interesting things with fibers, wire, and beads.  I grabbed a few sets that caught my eye and eagerly awaited my package.

As predicted, some of the goodies that I bought from Anna truly were just the thing I needed for this month!  (And yes, I know some folks will think I cheated by buying something just for it...)  I had hoped to get two pairs done, but settled for one since I was in a time crunch.  I loved the way she added the beads along the wire wrapped silk "cocoons" and thought they captured the magic and movement of the light installation (if not the color).  I messily wire wrapped some little faceted black briolettes to hang from the bottom.  I'm a little bit in love with these!


Next up, a shoulder dusting pair!  I bought these fun links ages ago and thought they would be perfect to reflect the long "stalks" of the lights in the photo.  I added some fun ruby red Czech glass dangles to represent the bulb part of the installation.  They are sort of an upside down rendition of the photo.


My third pair was a complete last minute addition to this little collection.  I was digging for the beads in the last pair and found some fun shaped beads that reminded me of the shape of the bulb part of the lights and was certainly the right color.  So I whipped up one last pair for your enjoyment!








get the InLinkz code


1 comment:

  1. As always, I love your earrings! I love how you used them to capture the color and movement of the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete