Taking a page from Heather Powers' Muffin Tin Challenge, I decided to pack up a little container filled with everything I needed to make a collection of earrings to take with me when I worked at Unearthed Arts last week. I haven't been as focused on making earrings lately and I knew that I could plot out a bunch of designs for portable projects. (All the necklaces I had on my bead board weren't completely figured out yet... and I like having all my beads at my disposal when working out a design.) Some of what I gathered was left over from the December use your "craftermath" challenge from Earrings Everyday, some were to complement necklaces I was working on for other challenges, and some made use of newer beads and findings that I hoped to avoid putting away! Here's a look at what I brought along with me:
Now I didn't manage to finish everything that I carried with me that day, but over the weekend I got the majority finished. All in all, I made ten pairs of earrings from my little project box. (I'm sharing nine of them today but saving one for when I finish the coordinating necklace.) This experiment made me realize how much more of my time is used deciding upon a design than actually executing it! Without further ado, here's what I made!
First up, two "craftermath" pairs that have been in partial progress since December. Both feature Vintaj components that I had painted a good while ago. I selected faceted carnelian and orange Czech glass for the embossed pair on the left and faceted jade, rhinestone rondelles, and purple Czech glass to go with the butterfly charms.
I picked up some fun little enameled charm components from a craft store after Christmas that I thought would make fun earrings... here's what I did combining those with some little Czech glass flower dangles. I think they are bright, happy, and fun... I just adore the combination of red and turquoise!
Lastly, I've got a little grouping of earrings that I made with some new charms that I ordered online in December and hadn't managed to get put away. The two on the ends are variations on a theme using some pretty silver plated crystal drops. The pair on the left is all crystal beads while the one on the right makes use of dyed agate and Czech glass. Both are on sterling silver ear wires. The middle pair features some fun charms by Zola Elements and a mix of Czech glass and dyed agate on gold filled ear wires.
Well, that's it for my little earring interlude. I hope you enjoy seeing what I've been making! Now I'd better get back to work on the other projects I need to finish before setting sail on this year's Bead Cruise later this week... including the necklace for my Midsummer Night's Dream themed party costume! Stay tuned...