Friday, August 11, 2017

Giraffe Flashback

Remember this cute picture from my husband's October 2016 Honey Do List challenge?  I've kept thinking about her and have had another partially thought out design sitting on my bead board (or buried under my general beading mess) for quite some time.


In a fit of what I call "productive procrastination," I finally made the necklace I've had in mind today.  You may be wondering what I mean by "productive procrastination"... it's what I call it when I get something useful/creative/productive done because I'm avoiding working on something else!  I find that making something else helps clear my mind and allows me to (eventually) get focused on the problem I need to be tackling.  Right now that something else is a necklace for another challenge... I've got tons of stuff pulled out but just can't decide on a direction to go.

Anyway, I finally made a necklace with the Green Girl giraffe pendant and dalmatian jasper that have been sitting out together for almost a year.  Yay!   I added in some Czech glass and pewter beads to break things up a bit.  It's pretty simple and VERY neutral for me, but I hope the necklace and the message hidden on the back of the pendant speak to someone special.



What about you?  Anybody else practice "productive procrastination"?  (Please tell me it's not just me!)  I hope to tackle the project I've been avoiding this weekend and be able to share it with you all early next week at the latest.  Fingers crossed!

 

1 comment:

  1. I use productive procrastination all the time. I love this necklace! I've never seen that particular pendant. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete